William (Bill) Foos – ARMET Founder
Bill is a retired and decorated Lieutenant Colonel and the recipient of a Bronze Star for his meritorious service in Iraq (2004- 2005). His 27 years of service in the US Army and the US Army Reserves focused on safety and security issues, from a Military Police perspective and background. His assignments included:
- Deputy G3/Operations and Force Protection Officer, Gulf Region Division, US Army Corps of Engineers.
- Program and Project Manager for Critical Infrastructure Protection program, Headquarters, USACE.
- US Army Criminal Investigation Command (USACID)
- Commander, Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 504th Military Police Battalion
- Base Police Operations Officer, Fort Lewis, WA
- Executive & Platoon Leader, 9th Military Police Company
Bill is a Nebraska Cornhusker who graduated in 1986 with a B.A. in Business Administration. He then earned his Masters in Business Administration from Campbell University in 1997. He understands financial risk, and he worked as a Financial Advisor for Merrill Lynch and American Express Financial Advisors from 1995 – 2001. He has successfully helped start three businesses that are operating today: Foos OB/GYN, P.C. Basic Overnight Quarters, LLC Security Management Solutions, LLC He currently lives in Central Pennsylvania, where he enjoys golf , family, and fly fishing. Today, he serves as Chairman of the Committee on Public Safety and Security for the United States Society of Dams. Since his retirement from the Army, he has continued to use his training and his knowledge of security issues to help both private companies and government organizations improve their safety and security operations. One important part of that goal is his development of the ARMET software, which enables users to create a historical database of their risks.